Our Designated Safeguarding Lead is Mrs Gill Adnams.
Our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads are:
- Mrs Kathy Little
- Dr Philip Whateley
- Mrs Kerensa Scillitoe.
Our Governor with responsibility for safeguarding is Mrs Sally Back.
Statement : Safeguarding
All the staff and governors at Silverton share an objective to help keep the children safe by :
- Providing a safe environment for them to learn
- Identifying children who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm, and taking appropriate action with the aim of making sure that they are kept safe both at home and in the education setting.
To achieve this objective, we:
- Aim to prevent unsuitable people from working with the children
- Promote safe practice and challenge any poor or unsafe practice
- Identify instances where there are grounds for concern about a child’s welfare and initiate or take appropriate action to keep them safe
- Contribute to effective partnership working between all those involved in providing services for our children